What we do
CMDFA includes members from all Christian denominations and backgrounds and welcomes fellowship with family members and those from related professional disciplines.
Today’s need for a strong Christian contribution to health care is more pressing than ever. As a society we face rapid social and technological changes. As healthcare professionals it can be difficult to know how best to adapt to such changes without compromising the integrity of our spiritual and moral beliefs, whilst at the same time demonstrating God’s love and compassion to everyone we meet.
Our aim is that membership of the Christian Medical Dental Fellowship of Australia will support doctors and dentists in their being equipped to face the personal and professional challenges of being faithful to Christ in today's world.
- To provide a Fellowship in which members may share and discuss their experiences as Christians in the profession of medicine and dentistry.
- To encourage Christian doctors and dentists to serve and honour God in their professional practice.
- To present the claims of Christ to colleagues and others and to win their allegiance to Him.
- To provide forums that consider how the Christian faith applies to the problems of national and local life as they relate to medicine and dentistry.
- To foster interest in and support of cross-cultural medical and dental mission.
- To encourage members to play an active part in their local churches.
- To strengthen and encourage Christian medical and dental students in their faith
- To provide pastoral support to colleagues.
All members of the fellowship are asked to affirm their personal belief in the following:
We believe in the Revelation of the One true God (Father, Son and Holy Spirit) and the Gospel of redemption and regeneration through the incarnation, the death, and the bodily resurrection of our Lord Jesus Christ.
We believe in the indwelling of the Holy Spirit until Christ returns finally to fulfil all things in Himself as it is given to us in the Bible, which is the divinely appointed authority for faith and life.
CMDFA Strategic Plan 2016-2018
CMDFA is a not-for profit association incorporated in New South Wales as 'Christian Medical and Dental Fellowship of Australia Inc'
ABN 95 084 292 464